Do you have a raised front porch or backyard deck? This lofty vantage point gives you a panoramic view of the surrounding scenery, but it also exposes the piers, joists, and dirt underneath the wood structure. The solution is to install decorative lattice for deck and porch skirting. Trex® LatticeWorks™ offers an array of decorative and durable lattice panels to improve the beauty of your deck or porch.
Benefits of Using Lattice for Deck & Porch Skirting
Lattice panels are the best way to dress up the area beneath your deck or porch. Consider the benefits of making this addition:
- Curb appeal: The right skirting can make your deck or porch look stunning from ground level.
- Pest control: Do you have problems with skunks, squirrels, and stray cats taking up residence beneath your raised deck? Properly installed skirting provides natural pest control to eliminate this issue.
- Ventilation: Breathable lattice panels are critical because they prevent mold growth beneath your home.
PVC vs. Wood Lattice
The two primary materials used in lattice panels include PVC and wood. If you’re debating between the two, consider the many ways PVC outshines wood lattice:
- Easy to clean and maintain: PVC is a type of plastic that can be cleaned simply by wiping it with a cloth or hosing it down. Unlike wood panels, PVC lattice requires no staining, painting, or sealing to protect it from the elements
- Lightweight yet durable: Compared to PVC, wood is cumbersome and difficult to work with. However, lightweight PVC panels are easy to lift into place, so installation is a breeze. At the same time, PVC lattice panels feature durable construction, making them ideal if you want a product that will last for years.
- Waterproof: PVC lattice panels repel water rather than absorbing it, so they will never rot, even if they come in direct contact with the soil. This differs from wood, which degrades over time, especially in humid outdoor settings.
- Insect resistant: Unlike wood, plastic doesn’t attract pests. This means you don’t need to worry about the damaging effects of ants, termites, and other insects when you choose PVC lattice.
- UV stabilized: Some people criticize PVC lattice panels for turning yellow in the sun. However, Trex® LatticeWorks™ products are UV stabilized, so they can withstand prolonged exposure to harsh sunlight without cracking or fading.
Lattice Designs for Deck & Porch Skirting
Elevate your home’s design with one of 10 unique layouts available from Trex® LatticeWorks™. Our panels are available in both black and white, but if you prefer, you can paint them to match the style of your home.
Our patterns range from traditional classic and privacy diamond designs to more ornate options such as imperial and Tuscan olive. Choose from panels in any dimensions you need, ranging from 12” x 18” up to 48” x 96”. We even offer four thicknesses ranging from 1/4” to 1”, making it easy to find the perfect lattice panels to use for your deck and porch skirting.
Place an Order for Trex® LatticeWorks™ Deck & Porch Skirting
Whether you’re a homeowner, decking contractor, or interior designer, you’ll soon discover why so many people choose Trex® LatticeWorks™ to improve the beauty of their deck or porch. Our durable, long-lasting panels are suitable not just for skirting, but for all sorts of outdoor uses, and many customers even find indoor uses for them!